July 26, 2010

Garden & Life Update

This summer has sure been a busy one for our family! With our garden twice its original size we've been pretty busy tending to it. Plus with all this rain we've had, everything is growing so well....and so MUCH! This morning I went out to our garden to see how everything was doing, that was a surprise. I walked over to the tomatoes and there must have been 10 tomatoes on EACH plant. Oh, and did I mention we have 50 plants? I have a feeling we're going to be doing a lot of canning this year! =P
Also, this year we started a fruit garden! We planted strawberries,blueberries,blackberries,raspberries & golden raspberries. We haven't gotten much fruit since this is only the first year. But I am very surprised on how many strawberries we have gotten, they just keep producing and producing!
Alright, lets switch and get a little life update! Well, today I have to take my CNA (Certified Nurses Assistant) test. I work at a nursing home, and I've been training there this past month. So today's the big day! Hopefully I'll remember everything, but thankfully I have an amazing God who will be helping me ALL the way.
Then in 6 days I'll be heading off to Storybook Lodge Camp in Minnesota! I've never gone to a camp before so I'm very excited. I hope to make new friends and have a closer walk with God.
Well, that's my little update! Sorry I haven't posted anything in awhile, I'll try to get better at that! But let me close with this:
"Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." James 4:7-8
I read this verse this morning during my Bible time. I was reminded by this verse that our lives are God's, and that it is essential for us to submit to Him and His will. Let God be the Lord of your life, and make His will YOUR will. If God is perfect than He has a perfect plan for you and your life. Why would you want anything else? If you haven't submitted your life over to God yet, I encourage you to do so. I know it's a challenge, it was for me. But there is nothing more important than giving your life over to God.

Now for some pictures:


Part of the garden

Here is 3 rows of onions Sugar Snap Peas Tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes!!!!

I think this frog is trying to blend in....nice try froggy!


This is a part of our flower garden

And our roses are opening up!! Aren't they beautiful?





Well, that's it for now! I hope you have a blessed week!

-Rachel-

7 comments:

Amy said...

Oh wow...those tomatoes are insane!! And they're turning already?!?

Rachel said...

Yes, they are already! We're going to have SOOO many! There was more like 20 on EACH plant. =S So Amy....you want some tomatoes?? lol!

Amy said...

Sorry...not a tomato fan. :D Just in Italian dishes!!!

carlotta cisternas said...

oh wow, y'all have a lot of tomatoes! we have a couple plants that are really big, but for some reason they're not producing fruit...hmm.

Anonymous said...

For once in my life I have to agree with Amy. :|

Jennifer R said...

You seriously have an amazing green thumb!!

Joshua Smith said...

hey amy!We can give you some you know.