August 14, 2010

5K Race:

This morning my mom and I ran in a 5K race held by the Turner County Fair, which is this week! This was my first 5K race, and we finished with a time of 23 minutes. We had a good time and I can't wait to do another one.
There's a lot of spiritual application in the discipline of running: endurance, running through the pain, pressing toward the goal, running when you don't feel like it, and finishing strong.

"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:1-2















9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you run for?

Rachel said...

All of it! But it's kinda fun to run with my mom too!

Amy said...

Wow, look at ya'll go...23 minutes sounds a lot faster than I could do. Lol!!

I love those verses...

Amy said...

Got any camp pix to share?

Anonymous said...

All of what? Is it like charity or what?

Anonymous said...

That is so Flatts!!!

Rachel said...

@ Jon: Oh...we ran for Turner County Park and Recreation.

Sarah said...

Wow, nice job Rach! 23 minutes is really pushing it. I'll have to go running with you guys on a day I DON'T work. lol Sounds like fun. LOOOOVE your blog. It's gorgeous..... BUT. You really do need to upload pictures of camp! I wanna see. And I don't feel like hacking into your account just to see 'em. =P

Love ya!

Jennifer R said...

Great job!!