November 10, 2010

Poem:

I'm reading a commentary on Romans by John MacArthur, and while I was reading it I came upon this poem.


"O long and dark the stairs I trod
With trembling feet to find my God
Gaining a foothold bit by bit,
Then slipping back and losing it.
Never progressing; striving still
With weakening grasp and faltering will,
Bleeding to climb to God, while he
Serenely smiled, unnoting me.
Then came a certain time when I
Loosened my hold and fell thereby;
Down to the lowest step my fall,
As if I had not climbed at all
Now when I lay despairing there,
Listen...a footfall on the stair,
On that same stair where I afraid,
And lo, when hope ceased to be,
My God came down the stairs to me."

Anonymous

2 comments:

Jennifer R said...

Awesome!!

Joshua Smith said...

Cool poem rach!Can't wait to see more!!!!!