December 27, 2010

New Year's Resolution:

For the past couple of weeks, I've been writing out goals and coming up with a more diligent schedule for the new year. I must say, I really do enjoy this time. I love being organized! It's my hope for the next year I can get into a diligent and more productive lifestyle. Now don't get me wrong, it's not like I lay around in bed all day and eat bonbons or anything. I have a job, plus school, and other activities to keep me busy. But, I want to accomplish and learn more things that can help me to grow inside and out.
I have come up with a pretty long list, so to keep from boring you to death I'll tell you only 5 of them.
Goals For 2011:

1. Read a book a week. I have said in previous posts that I love books and am an official bookworm. But, unfortunately I don't give myself enough time to do something as simple as read a book a week. I hope to change that. Also, I want to read a lot more non-fiction than fiction. I do have a habit of doing the opposite.
2. Teach Josh piano. I feel so bad that I haven't done that already. He is so eager to learn and I know he would love playing. But that's going to change; I've already told him that he's got piano lessons on Tuesdays.
3. Write posts on my blog 3 times a week. There, I said it! Now I'm committed. So hopefully you'll be seeing a post every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday.

4. Make dinner 2 times out of the week. I absolutely LOVE cooking and baking, but I tend to bake more than I cook. So, by making dinner a couple nights a week I hope to broaden my horizons a little.

5. And last but not least-Work on my piano skills. I'm hoping to put 2 hours a day into practicing. I'm thinking 1 hour in the morning, and then 1 hour in the evening. We'll see how that goes!
Well, there's 5 out of the 30....or was it 40? Just know that I intend to be a very busy girl this upcoming year!

How about you? Do you have any goals for 2011?

In Him,
Rachel

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds great...and you're even early!!

Emily Mitton said...

Go Rachel!